Tayside PMR-GCA website was a medical charity site, which published information
about Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis. It was great fun building
this website, since the communal webmasters were a gang of web-daft 60+somethings!
This website has recently been incorporated into the website belonging to
Back in 2003, I did some experimenting for building a Chinese language website. The website project brief was for a language translation service company, based in Newburgh (Fife) in Scotland.
After quickly carrying out some research and doing some playing around with the character encoding, I managed to successfully build Chinese language pages. Sadly, this project did not go live, as the business owner decided not to go ahead with the venture.
To insert double-byte Chinese text symbols into a web page template, I changed the character encoding from Western European (ISO) to Unicode (UTF-8). To view the very first test page for this project, click here. In addition to presenting Chinese text using HTML, I also had to work out how to make Chinese graphics using Photoshop - so some prototype Chinese text graphics are also included on this test page.
To see an example of a ‘live’ Chinese language website that I planned, designed, co-built, wrote and gathered content for, visit this archive.org snapshot of the NanoChina website.